Although we enjoy a safe campus, no area is totally immune from crime; precautions should always be taken to protect yourself and your property.
- Do not walk alone, especially after dark. If you can’t walk with a friend, call 859-341-7223 (SAFE), for an escort.
- Make low-risk alcohol choices. Alcohol and other drugs adversely affect judgment and behavior and their use is frequently related to a majority of campus crimes from vandalism to sexual assaults.
- Always close and LOCK your Residence Hall room, when you are sleeping or leaving the room, even if only for a few minutes. Do not prop residence hall doors or open a locked door for someone you do not know.
- LOCK your vehicle every time you park it and secure all valuables out of sight.
- Protect your identity – safeguard your credit card numbers, 销的, 社会保险号, address, 出生日期, 等. 给 this information only to persons whom you know to be authorized.
- The office of 校园安全 provide presentations to small groups on a variety of safety topics, registers bicycles and engraves personal property.
- Be aware of your surroundings and of anything that appears unusual. Report suspicious conditions immediately to 校园安全, 859-341-7223 (SAFE).