Once a student has registered with the 学生无障碍办公室 and the appropriate reasonable accommodations have been determined the student will be provided a letter. The student is responsible for delivering the Notification of Accommodation Letter to each of their 教师 member if they intend to use the approved accommodations.
- the same header and footer as this document
- the accommodation(s) which are the responsibility of the 学生无障碍办公室 and the 教师
- a signature from the 学生无障碍办公室 staff
- a verification of accommodation notification form which will verify you have been informed of the needed accommodations Example of the Notification of Accommodation Letter is on the bottom of this page. If you receive documentation that is not in this form, please contact the 学生无障碍办公室.
Upon receipt of Notification of Accommodation you should:
- Discuss the accommodation with the student. Remember this is a confidential matter and needs to be handled as such. Please do not inquire about the specific disability, allow the student to share that information if they choose. 请随意讨论住宿问题, 它将如何支持学生, 以及如何实施.
- Address any questions and concerns with the 学生无障碍办公室 (contact information below)
- Maintain the rigor and the fundamental nature of their course content
- Require students to demonstrate their knowledge of crucial course content
- Discuss accommodations with the 学生无障碍办公室 if the accommodation seems unreasonable or there are better methods of support
- Having an awareness of campus resources available for students and 教师
- Implementing best practices in teaching to reach a diversity of learners
- Sharing information on how students can request an accommodation
- Working with the 学生无障碍办公室 and with students to make reasonable accommodations in a timely manner
回复:汤米·莫尔，id # 3.14159
Tommy More is a student enrolled in your course this term. They have registered with the 学生无障碍办公室 and have been approved for the specific accommodation listed below. The accommodations are not retroactive and become effective as of the date of submission of this letter to the professor; please sign the Accommodation Receipt Verification Form.
Supporting students with disabilities in receiving their approved accommodations is a collaborative responsibility between the student, 教师, and the 学生无障碍办公室 staff. These supports ensure the student has equal access to benefit from all Thomas More University programs, 课程, 和服务.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Tommy More should be provided the following accommodations:
Classroom Accommodation(s) (教师 are responsible for providing the following):
- Alternative format of class material: all material should be provided in an electronic format. Hand written materials can be scanned and provided as a pdf
- Alternative format exams: Exams should be presented in a format where they can be enlarged or read to the student
Tommy More is responsible for discussing the above approved accommodations with all involved 教师 and staff. The student is also responsible for following all procedures related to the 学生无障碍办公室. Please be aware that any and all disability-related information is confidential and should be treated as such. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these approved accommodations or would like assistance implementing them, please contact the 学生无障碍办公室.
Your cooperation is not only appreciated; it is essential to Thomas More University meeting its legal obligation.